Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Shot in the Dark

I think while I wait to see how by body responds to the IUI, my goal is to find as many puns/song titles/movie titles as possible.

Today was IUI #1 day.

Adam went to the clinic at 12:30 for his deposit. Unlike when he had to do it for the urologist, at least this time around there was a room for him.

I managed to get through an entire day of work - which was a good distraction, thanks to a wonky article template.

I arrived at the clinic around 3:15 for my 3:30 appointment. I had such butterflies in my stomach - compounded by the fact that there was no one else in the waiting room.

They called me into one of the exam rooms - and I saw I vial on the counter labeled "Lewin" - it was Adam's sperm...pretty neat.

The doctor entered and put the sperm inside the injector - and managed to distract me by asking me about work - so I bitched about the article template that the developers couldn't seem to get together. It was over in less than a minute and, outside of some mild pressure, it didn't bother me at all.

Then I had to sit for two minutes and let my body rest - so I read some more of "50 Shades Darker."

And that was it... after the all the prep work and paper work - it was over in less than 1 minute.

Tomorrow, Adam goes in at 7:15 a.m. and I'm injected at 8:15 - and then we start the two-week wait.

Dum, dum, dum, dum

No comments:

Post a Comment