Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

I always say I'd rather have a shot than take a pill.

Be careful what you wish for.

In order to make sure my eggs are the right size to fertilize, I have to have some FSH injections nightly. The doctor put me on two night of injections...at half the amount.

When we went in yesterday, they said they were growing, but were not there yet. Um, yay? I have "improving" eggs.

I was told it was like balancing a bunch of pennies on a piece of cardboard and you only want one to fall off. Balancing the injection amount with the number of nights will give us a good egg. They actually said having multiples is not the goal, that the goal is ONE good egg.

So they upped me to the full dose for the next few nights - and I'm going back for a check up on Tuesday.

Adam and I are going to Chicago this weekend for my Bobie's headstone dedication. We were supposed to leave Friday, but the doctor mentioned that it is very possible Friday would be a trigger day. So mom and Adam got us on a Saturday flight and canceled out our rental for one day and our hotel for one night. Meaning we can go to the doctor Friday and see about making that baby.

In the meantime, I'm injecting nightly... so I figured I would look the part: I put on a pair of scrubs my mom brought back from Shaarei Zedek Medical Center.


No comments:

Post a Comment