Thursday, June 14, 2012

Life Is a Highway

"There ain't no load that I can't hold. The road's so rough this I know. I'll be there when the light comes in. Just tell 'em we're survivors."

Finally fell asleep around 12:30 a.m., which wouldn't be horrible if I hadn't had to wake up at 5:30 a.m.

I knew my day would be one filled with Cars - literally and figuratively 


Left the house at 6:15, after taking my "Dox" pill and drinking a lot of water and headed east on the 118 to De Soto and down to the Kasier Lab (which opened at 7 a.m.). Good news was I was No. 6  (I would have been No. 1, but I went to the wrong lab at first)... and there was no wait for the bathroom. So I was in and out in about 10 minutes.


I then headed West on the 101 to the clinic in Thousand Oaks. 


I got there way early for my 8:15 appointment, and was able to enjoy some people watching of other couples. I wondered what their stories were, if they were doing the same thing we were.


While I was there early, they didn't take me early -- and I knew I had to be out of their by 9 to make it to Burbank by 10.


The doctor did the ultrasound and said I had decent size eggs and uteris lining, but he wanted a little more. I asked if that could be tied into the fact that I don't typically ovulate until day 20 -- and this was day 11. He said it could be, so he was prescribing an injection that would help with the eggs. 


So the nurse showed me how to do an injection -- not difficult, and I'd rather do an injection over a pill any day. I took meticulous notes, as well. They also tested my Estrogen level (which was fine). The nurse was able to fax in the prescription to Kaiser, so I didn't have to make another stop.


Left the clinic at 9:05 and heard the 101 was terrible (big shock). So I took the 23 to Olsen to Madera to the 118 to the 5 to the 170 to the 134. Amazingly enough, I made it to the parking lot by 9:52 - with time to spare to check in for the shuttle.


YAY!


After an amazing day of Synergy at Cars Land, where I had the chance to finally take pictures, learn about the Parks Strategy for the next fiscal year and tweeting for Disney Family - I took the shuttle back to Burbank.


Went back to Kaiser to pick up the injection and, after dinner, Adam helped my put everything together for the injection - which involved inserting saline into the powder and swithcign needles from the long one to the short one.


I have two nights of this, I am then am going back to the clinic Saturday morning before a friend's baby shower for a follow up ultrasound.


If all goes well, we trigger this weekend. If not, I do two more night of the injection ansd then we should be able to trigger next week.


And tomorrow it's back to Kaiser for the HSG -- bring on the Advil.

Luckily, my appointment isn't until 8:30 - which means I get to sleep ... I hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment