Wednesday, June 6, 2012

If it's in the water, I'll drink to that!

Originally Posted 2/5/11

I guess this is the first post I've written about the baby thing.

It's strange writing a pre-pre-natal post. We haven't been trying very long (I think two weeks at this point)- we were waiting until after a zipline excursion during a recent cruise.

I've been writing a blog since before we were married in 2007 (Tales of a Jewish Bride to be), to our first year of marriage (Tales of a Jewish Newlywed) and now to our life in our new home (Tales of a Jewish Suburbanite). So I figured I would track our baby story here, too (since I'm superstitious, the title won't change to Tales of Jewish Mom-to-Be until after I've reached my second trimester).

In the last year, several people in my life, who I didn't realize were trying to have kids, have had them. And it's strange... I can't define it, but there are just some people you can't picture as parents.

We decided to take the relaxed approach (although when I woke up with an upset stomach last week my DH freaked out and ran to the store to buy a pregnancy test).

Today walking into a maternity store to look for a gift for a friend and seeing all the doodads for the mom-to-be -- my aunt remarked that things had changed quite a bit since she was pregnant in the late 1970s.

So that's my story. I'm on Flintsone pre-natals (LOVE THEM), and have been watching A Baby Story from time to time.

When we do have a child, it will be the first grandchild on both sides and the first great-grandchild on one side.

It'll be a doozy when it actually happens - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment