Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A New F-word: Frusturated

Originally posted 12/14/11:

It's been a while since I've posted. I thought by now I'd be posting about being pregnant or even having a baby. However, it hasn't happened yet.

I read an article that says even if all the stars aligning and you do everything right - there is still only a 25% chance of getting pregnant. 25% - those odds suck. I mean it's good for a discount or an interest rate, but 25% is not comforting.

We started trying last January, but my husband went on Levetra in June. So we can cut out the first half of the year. Then came then fun "I hate math" part of my life. We thought we' d figured it out - but I guess I was off (and that was with ovulation kits). So we continue with the kits  - I even bought fertility stones and a mojo baby when we were in Salem (I figured it couldn't hurt).

Went to the doctor when my period was late two months in a row. He told me sometimes women who want to have a baby stress themselves out to the point that they end up being late. Lovely.

Next step is DH going to the doctor and making sure he's not "shooting blanks" (edited to add: it turns out what we thought was a motility issue is not, and we fall into the 1/3rd of couples where there is an unexplained reason).

He stresses himself out wanting this - and though he tries to relax, he knows we both want to be parents, so that ends up stressing him out more.

The really frustrating part is women all over the world (and many teenagers in this country), who get pregnant without even trying - yes I'm talking to you Teen Mom.

My grandmother passed away in October. The rabbi told my mother that when someone passes to Gan Eden (the next world), they can watch over those they left behind and thing seem to happen -- like pregnancies.

I sure hope so.... I think we'll make damn good parents - 100% guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment