Wednesday, June 6, 2012

On Pins and Needles

Originally Posted on 1/22/12

We're still working on the "why" behind why we haven't gotten pregnant yet. We took two approaches this week: DH went for Western medicine and a urologist meeting - I went for Eastern and a meeting with an acupuncturist.

My best friend, who became a mother six months ago, mentioned that another friend of hers, who was having trouble conceiving, got acupuncture - and it helped (she had a baby four months ago)..

So three hours after my cousin announced she was pregnant, I googled my city and "acupuncture" and  sent an email to a woman who does acupuncture. She is a mother herself and, when I mentioned our issues getting pregnant, she didn't flinch or say I was crazy.

I met with her last week for an evaluation, and it was very therapeutic: we talked and I told her what our issues were and she listened. It felt good. I had filled out a form about any ailments - interestingly, all were connected to my kidney (when I was 7 I had a kidney infection that was so bad I was in the hospital for two weeks).

So I went back to her Saturday, and had my first acupuncture appointment. It was so strange - but it didn't hurt. I was face down and she massaged my feet and my back before inserting the needles in my back, ears, ankle and top of my head. It was relaxing - so much so that, at one point, my butt even fell asleep.

So what does this mean for conception? I'm not sure yet -- I'm going back for another appointment in two weeks - along with taking ovulation tests, prayers and wishes - I'm hoping something helps.

I asked DH if he would want acupuncture - I think he'd rather get a root canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment