Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Sweet Life

Damn you Glucose Test!

So after I met the ob/gyn nurse yesterday, she said I would need to go to the lab and take some more blood test - plus a glucose test to see if I had Gestational Diabetes. usually they don't test until 24 weeks, but because of family history, they had me do it now.


They had me drink this Orange drink thing (reminded me of bug juice we used to get at camp. Then I had to wait an hour and have my blood checked.

When I asked at the lab how long it would take for the results - they said 2-3 days. It was emailed to me about 3 hours later.

The result - it was high. Duh!

Now, not only wasn't I fasting -  but I had downed some Crystal Lite in the car.

So I got a call from Kaiser asking if I could come in for a three-hour test. Well, the only three hour stretch I have is Saturday (so much for sleeping in).

I'm to go to the lab on Saturday and drink more fun orange stuff - then get my blood tested one hour later, two hours later AND three hours later.

I told Adam it wasn't necessary for him to come (no reason for both of us to be bored out of our minds).

At least the nurse gave me the Wi-Fi password that I can use if I hang in the lobby of building 5.

My father said ":of course it's high - because you are so sweet".

I'm hoping it was a fluke - but I am fighting genetics (and a severe disinterest in veggies).



No comments:

Post a Comment