Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Faxes and Phones and Emails - oh my!

Last week I filled out a HIPPA form for the clinic - in anticipation of my visit Wednesday with the nurse at the OBGYN (I'm hoping they'll be able to confirm a due date, too). I thought - this will be great - they'll fax me everything and I can just hand them all the paperwork and not worry about it.

I was told it would take five days - which meant I would get my fax today ... and I waited to make sure the fax wouldn't come through and "out" me.

As of 11 a.m. - no fax. Thank you Murphy's Law.

So I contacted the clinic and was told the paperwork would be sent to me as soon as the doctor signed it -- Friday.

Friday? Really?


They said they could send it to my doctor ... a-ha!

All I had to do was call kaiser and get the fax number for the obgyn department.

So I called the obgyn, got their fax and called the clinic back.

It is amazing all the prep and planning you have to do on one end to save yourself time on the other.



No comments:

Post a Comment