Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hail to the Princess!

When a princess arrives, she does it in style!
Our princess Danielle arrived three weeks early via semi-urgent C-section.

We went to the doctor for my NST and ultrasound. The tech told us she was measuring at 4.8 and that we would need to talk to the doctor.

So we went up to Labor & Delivery where they told be to put on a gown and get in a bed. I thought that was odd - why would I need to change just to meet the doctor?

Dr. Martin came in and said we would be delivering. I asked if this was a go to work and come back and deliver thing, I had a couple of meetings and Adam and I had driven separately to Kaiser. He said no... I wouldn't be leaving the hospital without delivering. Adam and I were stunned - we thought we had three weeks more to prepare. A baby! That day!

They took my vitals and said I could have the c-section right now or they could induce and see what happens. I said, let's see if induction does anything... it didn't. However, it did give me some contractions that lowered the baby's heartrate - so off to surgery I went.

The spinal worked great. We were in the room at 5:55 and she was delivered at 6:22 - I was in recovery at 6:45. I did, however, throw up - thanks to a combo of eating late and a gross grape antacid they had given me (adam was a trooper and cleaned me up). They also had to drug me at the end because they couldn't stitch me up (the pressure was terrible and they were moving my organs around a little too much).

Danielle Ruth was 3.14 and 17.5 inches long!

She was so cute - but she would need to spend the next 20 days in the NICU where they would be feeding her additional calories and helping her grow.

Her organs are fine and she is really strong - she just needs to eat more.

As for me, I am officially a cow. They started having my pump the first night and we have about 80 bottles in the freezer - plus several at my inlaws.

We brought her home on Sunday and are getting used to having a baby in the house, and she is getting used to us!

We are so in love :)

So I have gone from a hopeful Jewish mom to be ... to a Jewish Mom!

And I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment