Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's in the Bag

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go....I'm standin' here outside your door

Well, I'm not standing outside the door - but my bag is packed.

When I was at the doctor this past week, I learned that once I hit 37 weeks, they won't stop labor. I'll be 37 weeks on Monday, so I figured it was time to put things together.

Because Kaiser considers 35 to be high risk - and I'm 34, they also won't let me go past my due date. This means the matzo ball can arrive anytime between tomorrow and March 18.

I have everything I need for me set in the bag: robe, nursing bra, nursing PJs, toiletries, sleep mask, chargers, speakers, hair ties, slippers, breast pump and other mom-to-be fun since I have no idea where I will be when I need to head to the hospital (I'm HOPING it happens at night or the weekend before). Pillow is in the car.

We still need to put matzo ball's bag together - which pretty much consists of an outfit (which is at my aunt's house), and a nursing boppy - which I received from a coworker and is currently in a Target bag under my desk at work. The car seat bases are in both cars (we will likely take Adam's car to the hospital).

So for not being able to have a lot ready - we're sort of there. Physically at least. Hope the kid has a good sense of humor - because I sense a lot of screwball moments in the first few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment