Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Like I Care!

So today - being the diligent mommy-to-be that I am - I called the daycare at my office to set up a tour. We have been on the waiting list since I was six weeks pregnant.

I was told:

1) They don't give tours unless you get accepted

2) The odds of me getting into the daycare were slim as they only had 18 slots for infants and they've been totally full since they opened. But that's OK because, the Disney Day Care Center is nothing like "it's a small world" nursery. My kid can get a more immersive Disney experience at home than at Disney Day Care - that's pathetic.

3) There was a Disney resource called LifeCare that would help me find other options.

So I contacted LifeCare and their people are finding me day care resources near the office and near the house. I'll have a full list next week - not bad.

This is tough - I found two Tutor Times that take infants (yay!) that are near the house. La Petite Academy doesn't take them until 2 years. I'm hoping to take her to TAE three days a week for preschool when she turns two.

I'm hoping we can tour soon them soon and find out what they cost- but this is so hard. Do I take my kid somewhere? Do I hire a nanny?

I've checked out nannies on care.com (I'm hoping we can do a daily rate and not an hourly rate or 1/2 my salary could go to this person).  I do need a babysitter for evenings, but a few hours at night a few days a week is not the same as 40-50 a week. And then there is the taxes/IRS thing.

And I thought childbirth was a pain in the butt.


No comments:

Post a Comment